Saturday, June 22, 2013

Mapping it out

In my hotel room in Lincoln City, OR tonight.  My co-worker April and I are here checking out tourism, visitor services and a kite festival.  Lincoln City sits right on the Pacific Ocean, so we have had a whole day of "Fun!" "Cuuuuuuuute!" "Gorgeous!" and "Wow!"

After we are all done getting inspired and motivated and chock full of new ideas to bring home, I am going to drop April off at the airport and then spend an extra two days driving (and mapping out) the course I'm going to ride in September.  I will be able to see the road conditions, the climbs, the amenities, everything.

As a friend of mine reminded me, I don't want to be surprised by the first swallow of salt water.  This is in reference to the San Diego triathlon we did last year, where I somehow managed  to miss the fact that the swim was being held in the salt water bay rather than a fresh water lake.  I gulp a huge amount of water when I swim, so that was a nice little shocker.

The funny part is, it was in San Diego, which, HELLO...is in Mission Bay Park, next to Sea World, the air smelling like salt... And I still didn't get it.

Yeah, I have a lot of smart alecs in my life.

Nite, blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment