Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Careful, It's a Tweak

Rode 18 miles tonight in 1 hour and 10 minutes.  I was a maniac.  Way fun.  

Some things I learned:

1. All this climbing has done something good.  I kept riding up hills on 233 thinking, "THIS was the hill I struggled up before?  THIS is the hill I was weeping over?  THIS is the hill that seemed unsurmountable?"  It was so cool.  Never mind that there are mountains that must be moved in order to reach the September goal -- sometimes it's just fun to see how far I've come.

2. Adjusting both my seat and handlebars just a little bit made a huge difference.  Booty bones still hurt from the new seat, but no numbness or pain in the "nether regions", which, apparently is the girl jock way of saying crotch.  Suits me fine... crotch is one of those words that ... sounds just like what it is... and is uncomfortable to say out loud (and to type.)  It's like... phlegm.  I used to have a music teacher whose last name was Skrobis.  My dad used to insist her name sounded like a body part you weren't supposed to touch in public. 

Anyway, my fingers and thumbs also kept from going numb the entire ride -- no more bringing on the pins and needles.  Success!

And, my lower spine wasn't sore.  So the adjustments are helping.

3. Mental attitude is everything.  I finished the ride and got to the Event Center.  Adam was supposed to be there with the lights he took down from Triangle Park.  He wasn't there yet, and upon calling, I found out it was taking him longer than he had hoped, so I told him I'd ride over to the Park.  Got back on my bike, no problem.  Could have gone farther if the sunlight had cooperated. :)

4. I can do the entire ride if I do what I did tonight 18 times.  18 times, divided by three times a day is 6 days of riding....manageable.

5. I'm too tired to make any more sense of this tonight.

Night, blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment