Monday, July 15, 2013

Cycling as a Lifestyle

I am sitting in my grandfather's kitchen, drinking coffee and listening to the conversations swirling around me.  Heaven.  In 45 minutes I will get on my bike and ride 6 miles to Panera to meet my cousin for...well, more coffee.  But the point is, by noon I will have 12 miles in, so naturally.

This makes me wonder two things.   First, how lovely would it be to live somewhere where fitness could more easily be a part of the daily routine? (And would I take advantage of it?). And second, what would it take to incorporate riding into my normal day in Wyoming?

I'm not going to lie... It would not be easy AT ALL.  There is a lack of shoulders on roads (not to mention bike lanes), frequently the winds gust at over 25 miles per hour, which, without buildings and trees to block, is downright dangerous.  And then there are the hills...Egad.  But it is probably doable with commitment and determination.

So maybe the real question is whether I have that commitment and determination. Not sure.  It deserves more thought, though.

For now, I am going to finish my coffee and get on my bike.  Later today I am going to Wheel and Sprocket to find a better saddle for my Fuji and to look at clip ins for the pedals.  Baby steps. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment