Friday, August 2, 2013

THAT Family

I am blogging from the passenger seat of our Ford Edge.  The car is packed with suitcases, backpacks and totes, and our three bikes (Adam's and Aislynn's mountain bikes and my road bike) are mounted on the hitch rack.  We are headed down to Grand Junction where Fred and I are going to log some good training mileage and Adam and Aislynn are going to try out some off road trails.

I feel so excited and so proud of us -- we are THAT family this weekend, the ones we all see headed to their healthy, active, sporty weekend.  In the past I would glance sideways at them on the freeway as I was headed home to watch movies and gobble popcorn, exhausted and ready for yet another sedentary few days off.  

Do you realize I could get one of those bumper stickers that says, "I'd rather be riding my bike" and actually MEAN it??  Hoorah!

The weather is gorgeous, and with each passing town sign (Coalville, Wanship, Kamas) I feel my stress lifting like a morning fog burning off in the sunlight.

Something good is about to happen...I just know it.


No comments:

Post a Comment